This website can help you:
- learn more about why it is important to test treatments carefully
- recognise reliable research
- understand what you can do to help make sure that research is more likely to be relevant to you and others.
- Listen to the audio introduction by Iain Chalmers (3min 20s; MP3, 3.2MB)
- For technical help, view the Introductory video.
This website contains the full text of the 2nd edition of the book Testing Treatments. It also contains links to additional resources, identified by the authors and by you, which help to explain and illustrate the principles and messages contained in the book.
The TTi website aims to deepen discussion about how we test whether treatments are worthwhile. We welcome discussion of the issues (described in the book) and examples.
However, we don’t want to make rulings on particular treatments, but instead discuss the strengths and weakness of the evidence behind them.
So in postings please feel free to raise issues or questions about the process of testing treatments, but if you want to use a specific medical condition can we ask that you:
- Provide a link to the research behind the statement, and
- Tell us how you found the research.