Read the book
This section of the website contains the hypertext of Testing Treatments.
These pages will give you a quick overview of what all the fuss is about:
- Why do we need fair tests of treatments?
- What are fair tests of treatments?
- What can be done to improve tests of treatments?
- How can YOU help to improve tests of treatments?
You can use the In This Section menu on the right to jump directly to particular sub-sections. Once you enter a section, this menu will update to reflect your current location.
If you want to read through the whole text in order, use the Next button.
Why are fair tests of treatments needed?
- New-but is it better?
- Hoped-for effects that don’t materialize
- More is not necessarily better
- Earlier is not necessarily better
- Dealing with uncertainty about the effects of treatments
What are fair tests of treatments?
- Fair tests of treatments
- Taking account of the play of chance
- Assessing all the relevant, reliable evidence