TT main text
This section of the website contains the hypertext of Testing Treatments. You can use the menu on the right-hand side to find your way around. If you want to read through the whole text in order, use the Next button.
Why are fair tests of treatments needed?
- New-but is it better?
- Hoped-for effects that don’t materialize
- More is not necessarily better
- Earlier is not necessarily better
- Dealing with uncertainty about the effects of treatments
What are fair tests of treatments?
- Fair tests of treatments
- Taking account of the play of chance
- Assessing all the relevant, reliable evidence